We support and pursue lifelong learning to expand our knowledge and capabilities and to engage with the world outside UTC.
When we say we want to have the best-educated workforce on the planet, we mean business. The Employee Scholar Program is one of the most comprehensive, company-sponsored, employee education programs in the world. The program provides employees the resources to stay current in their chosen field or enable new career opportunities and includes the following benefits:
- UTC pays for tuition, academic fees and books at approved educational institutions
- The program is available to our global workforce
- Payments are made directly to the educational institution to minimize out of pocket costs
- Employees can obtain a degree in any field, whether or not it is related to their job
- Partner universities deliver programs at our locations to provide work-life flexibility
- Eligible employees can receive up to three hours of paid time off to study per week
UTC has invested more than $1 billion to further our employees' formal education. Since 1996, more than 34,000 degrees have been earned by employees in over 50 countries. However, ESP is more than just a story based on numbers. It is about the investment that UTC makes in its people as a way of attracting and retaining a motivated and engaged workforce. Global full-time and part-time UTC employees are eligible for the program after one year of continuous service. Currently, there are more than 8,000 employees participating in ESP.